Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The big news!

Well this post is long overdue...




WE'RE PREGNANT!




Most of you I'm sure have known for several weeks or months that we are expecting our first baby this winter. We are thrilled to be soon-to-be parents! My official due date as of now is February 22, 2010. We have our official 20 week ultrasound on Sept 30 to find out how the baby is and what the sex is...I can't wait!

I have had good intentions all summer about updating the blog. First I thought that I would wait until I was 12 weeks along, just to make sure everything was ok. Then the summer kept sneaking by and excuse after excuse leads me to finally posting tonight. Ahhh....I feel so much better finally posting and being able to check it off my long list of things to do :)

This has been such a great summer! Our trip to visit Brent's parents in FL and our cruise to the Bahamas was relaxing and so much fun! We went to a friends cabin for a weekend, went to a lot of weddings, spent time at my sister and brother-in-law's lake cabin, and just time at home relaxing. We just finished tiling, painting, and putting in new showers in both of our bathrooms. We did both of the bathroom remodels at the same time (why? I have NO idea!) We were without a shower for 1 1/2 weeks and let's just say that if we ever decide to re-do a bathroom we will NOT go without a shower in our house again! Brent did a great job on the tiling and I love the outcome. I will post pics of it later. I've heard that when couple's are expecting a baby that almost everyone does some kind of remodeling project...did anyone else do that?

I've had several appointments over the past few months to check out our little one. We had an ultrasound at my first appointment when the baby was 7 1/2 weeks, it was just a little cute lima bean :) The last few appointments they have listenened to the heartbeat and the first time it was 160 and today's appointment it ranged from 148-158. I asked my Nurse Practitioner what the chances would be that they had missed a baby during the first ultrasound and if there could be 2 babies (there is a small history of twins on Brent's side of the family)...I was just curious to see how often they miss a second baby. But she brings in the ultrasound machine and says lets just look and make sure...don't worry there is only 1 baby in my belly :) It was so much fun to be able to see our baby. I can't believe how much it's grown in 10 weeks! I could see the profile shot, spine, ribs, beating heart and chambers, arms, and legs- it was so fun to see the baby move all over. The Nurse Practitioner had a guess that she saw something during the ultrasound.

Does anyone have a guess on what it might be?? I'll tell you after Sept 30!

Here are a few belly pics over the summer:
This is at 12 weeks:
14 weeks:
16 weeks:

4 comments:

  1. Yea, the news is finally out! We are so excited to be an aunt and uncle for your baby and so our little girl will have a playmate! I'm hoping you have a girl because they will be so close in age, but after your ultrasound today, I don't know?!? Can't wait for the 30th to find out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh i can't wait to find out!!!! so excited for you!! Want to help us re-do our bathrooms now that you are a pro? ha. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are adorable! congratulations on the baby and cannot wait to find out whether or not you are having a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright!!!! Is that the actual test that you'd peed on in the first pic? Oh Boy.....

    ReplyDelete