Friday, January 9, 2009

Loooong roadtrip

Travel update:

We are currently in Beaver, UT at a hotel. It has been many long, long hours to get here. But...we only have 3 1/2 hours left to get to Las Vegas! Since I'm sure that everyone wants to hear all of the details and exciting moments of the trip, let me fill you in.

Thursday we drove through the long state of Nebraska to Denver, CO. Nebraska is a very wide and flat state that seems to go on forever and ever. We finally got to Denver and stayed with Heidi and Adeeb after going to a pub for a great cheeseburger and to watch the playoff game of college football? I think? Clearly I wasn't watching the game, I was chatting with Heidi.

Friday morning we left and got back on the road again and headed towards the mountains. It was gorgeous! I wish that I could wake up and see mountains every day! It made the time go by fast with the great scenery. My camera battery died just as we were coming up to the mountains so unfortunately I don't have many pictures. We stopped in Vail to stretch our legs and walk around the cute ski shops. It was picture perfect in Vail. It had just snowed and there was thick snow on the trees and we walked down a path that was next to a little stream. It was so pretty and since I couldn't take a picture, you'll just have to imagine it :)


At one point when we were driving through Colorado into Utah, there was absolutely nothing around, no cars, a sign that said no service for the next 106 miles, no radio stations that came in, and no cell phone service. It was the setting for a freaky movie! Not to worry, we made it safe and sound to lovely Beaver, UT.

Alright, here are some pictures from the last couple of days.





Our car was packed to the brim with all of the essentials :)


Beautiful mountains!!


Now I'm off to bed because tomorrow we get to move in to our apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment