Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a week!

I am long overdue to post pics of our new place and for an update. Once we got here and settled in we've been busy exploring this new area!

So since I lasted posted...yes we do have electricity! We have had it for the last week and we're enjoying our place so much more now that we have light...imagine that! We finally feel settled and that this is where we are going to live for the next few months.



So update of what's been going on:

I've started my job at St. Rose Dominican Hospital at the San Martin campus. It is a new hospital and it's gorgeous! Everyone has been very accepting and my first few shifts have gone well. It's certainly not Gillette, I'll always be loyal to Gillette, they are the best co-workers anyone could ask for! :) I'm working 12 hr. nights and am getting used to a new hospital and the flow of things. I am definately learning a lot and getting out of my comfort zone.



We went to San Diego this past weekend. It was thursday night and Brent and I were contemplating what to do for the weekend since it was going to be a 3 day weekend for us. We thought, it's a 5 hr. drive, it was going to be gorgeous for the weekend with weather in the upper 70's, and to top it off my parents were vacationing in San Diego that weekend. It was perfect to be able to see family and get a piece of home while we're out here. It was the best weekend! The weather was amazing- 78 degrees and sunny the entire weekend. Brent had never been to the west coast, so it was fun to be able to be at the beach and watch the waves and daringly go up to our knees in the surf- the water was cold! It was 55 degrees...I wasn't brave enough to swim. We brought Bella to a dog beach and she loved swimming in the waves. Brent found a great hotel on the beach. Thanks Brent for such a great weekend!



Brent is out golfing right now- the perks of starting work at 6am due to being in Pacific time and having your job still be in Central time. He's done with work at 2, so he's got the afternoon to golf or be out for the the rest of the day.



I'll post some highlights of our apartment and our San Diego weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment