We got to our camping site right as the sun was setting so we quickly put up our tent and set up. We saw several quail, which is what Brent and Bella were going to hunt the next day, so Brent was getting excited thinking that he was going to have good luck. We woke up the next morning and drove out through the desert on some little tiny dirt road (if you could call it a road, more like a bumpy path) to the "spot" that was perfect for hunting. Bella bolted out of the car running through the hills only to come back with cactus prickles stuck in all her paws, nose, and tail. We spent most of the day picking out the cactus prickles with pliers. So all of the quail that we saw at our camp site and on the roads were nowhere to be seen. I think they felt safer in town. It was really pretty to hike the foothills and see jackrabbits and spend the afternoon outside. I called it quits for the day because I felt too bad taking out any more thorns from Bella's paws, otherwise I'm sure Brent would have hunted all day and probably been successful. We went to the lake that was deserted because I'm sure Arizonians thought it was too cold to be sitting at the lake- it was 65 degrees!
It was a fun camping experience...here are a few pics from the weekend.

It looks like Victorville!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete